We all know that printer cartridges are expensive, which is why Inksaver is always looking for ways to help you save money on your printer ink and toner cartridges. We’ve found one of the best ways to save is to set your printer to print in black and white only.
To Set Your Printer To Black And White Print On a PC:
- Go to your “Start” menu and then click on “Control Panel”.
- In the “Control Panel”, you want to click on “View Devices and Printers”, this will bring up a list of all the devices you have connected to your PC, including your printer.
- Right click on your printer’s name or model (i.e. Samsung CLX-3305) and click on “Printing Preferences”.
- Different printers will have different options available in the “Printer Preferences” menu, but you should look for the labels “Color” or “Quality” in the row of buttons at the top of the menu.
- Click on this option and select “Print in Black and White” or “Greyscale”.
- Click on “Apply” and your printer will now automatically print in black and white.
To Set Your Printer To Print In Black And White On an Apple Computer:
- Select a file to print to bring up the Print sheet.
- Look for “Copies and Pages” and click on it.
- Look for either “Color” or “Quality” settings options.
- Select them and select “Print in Black and White” or “Greyscale”.
- Once you’ve changed these settings, you have to save them in order to make them your printer’s default settings.
- Click “Save As…” from the “Presets” pop-up menu and give your settings a name (i.e. Black and White Print).
- Click on Print. This will automatically default your printer settings to print in black and white.
- You can always check that this is the default setting by looking for the setting’s name in the drop down menu under “Printer Settings” whenever you print.
If you have any further questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.