Why Should I Recycle My Printer Cartridges? (Infographic)

15-11-2013 by

Share this:

We all know that recycling is good, but have you ever considered why it is important to recycle your printer cartridges? An estimated 11 million ink cartridges and toner cartridges are sold in South Africa every year. Only 10% of these are recycled. The other 90% that end up in landfills can fill 35 40 foot shipping containers. All of the cartridges that are not recycled worldwide in a year could circle the Earth 3 times!

Toner and ink cartridges are primarily made of plastic, so recycling cartridges can save over 40 million litres of oil every year. Never mind the fact that toner and ink cartridges contain heavy metals and chemicals that can pollute the groundwater supply.

Using remanufactured cartridges is a good way to cut down on your environmental impact. Remanufactured printer cartridges reuse original cartridges that have been used once and do not use new oil to make the plastic cartridge casing. sells a wide range of remanufactured cartridges, helping you reduce your carbon footprint.  

So why should you recycle your ink and toner cartridges? Our handy infographic breaks down all the facts you need to know.

Why should I recycle my printer cartridges - infographic

Nic Venter

About the author

Nic Venter+

 is the founder and director of He started the business in 2009 with the idea to sell ink and toner cartridges online and to provide you with a quality product, value for money and convenience. He regularly blogs on about printing and technology. Part of his philosophy is having fun and making sure that he and his team think everything ink, so you don't have to.

comments powered by Disqus
visa-logo mastercard-logo eft-logo

© Inksaver CC 2012
Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Kyocera, Lexmark, Oki, Samsung, Xerox and other manufacturer brand names and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners who have no association with or make any endorsement of the products or services provided by InkSaver.